Director of Operations, People, and Culture | she/her
Jamie comes to Root Cause with more than seven years of experience as an educator and youth development consultant in the nonprofit and public sectors. Her current work focuses on K-12 and postsecondary education, coordinated action, network facilitation, business and strategic planning, STEM education, and program design.
Jamie started her career as an AmeriCorps volunteer in Santa Rosa, California (where she served as a literacy tutor and after-school mentor) and continued her work as an educator in a variety of settings including public schools, summer camps, after-school programs, and national and local nonprofits. Her work has centered around issue areas including youth workforce development, STEM education, college access, mental health, and youth violence prevention.
Her first-hand experiences in the classroom motivated her to pursue a dual MBA/MA where she gained the practical experience and theoretical knowledge needed to help clients achieve organizational goals and systems transformation. Jamie holds an M.B.A. in Nonprofit Management and an M.A. in Conflict Resolution and Coexistence from The Heller School for Social Policy and Management at Brandeis University and B.A. in English from Dickinson College.
Current and Past Projects:
- Customized Capacity Building and Technical Assistance for State Street Foundation Grantees
- The Biogen STAR Initiative in Cambridge and Somerville
- Boston Workforce Investment Network
- Tri-County Cradle to Career Collaborative
- Say Yes Guilford
- Strategic Planning with Boston Public Schools: Designing the Next Phase of a College Career, and Life Readiness Partnership Coordination
- Developing a Strategic Plan to Support the Growth of the Early Childhood Learning and Innovation Network for Communities (EC-LINC)
- Coordination a College Access and Success Pathway