Strategy & ImplementationOur practice is built around our core strengths in research and strategy consulting. Root Cause helps partners design and implement strategies that are actionable, measurable, and attainable. Our strategic and business plans define pathways to sustainability and have a core focus on enabling more people to achieve lifelong success.
Grantmaking Strategy For Foundations
Business Planning For Nonprofits
Network & Coalition Strategy
In Strategy and Implementation projects, we help partners ask the right questions, collect useful data, and apply what they learn to set the most effective course forward. Some of the types of activities that comprise Strategy and Implementation projects include:
Engage people and families to learn how they experience barriers to success in their community
Engage staff and stakeholders in the planning process
Assess programmatic and organizational readiness and capacity for growth
Design, vet, and execute actionable strategies to reach more people and families
We help partners:
- Research the needs of people & families.
- Explore the conditions, policies, and systems that support or hinder their success.
- Design a theory of change for supporting people’s success.
- Plan to deliver and sustain impact that is meaningful and measurable.
- Articulate key activities, including purposeful linkages between programs and topics.
- Design a measurement plan & continuous quality improvement process.
- Chart a 12-18 month implementation timeline.
- Identify staffing & resource recommendations.
- Produce a financial model and projections for the duration of the plan.
Support implementation and refinement of grantmaking strategies
Design for sustainability
Create financial models and tools
Communicate impact and attract funding
Deliver executive coaching