Building a Performance Measurement System: A How-To Guide
This practical guide provides an easy-to-follow, five-step process for developing a customized performance measurement system that will serve as an essential tool for any organization.
This practical guide provides an easy-to-follow, five-step process for developing a customized performance measurement system for organizations seeking to:
- Measure progress in achieving its mission, goals, and visions.
- Develop dashboards and learn how to analyze performance data.
- Create a culture of learning and continuous improvement among management, board, and staff.
- Develop report cards to communicate performance.
- Use data-based evidence to build funder confidence.
The How-To Guide includes tools & templates to help leaders elevate their practice of performance measurement:
- Performance Measurement Audit Tool: Use this tool to prepare for building a performance measurement system.
- Master Indicator List Template: This document will help you organize indicators as you select them.
- Management Dashboard Template: Use this template to create regular reports on your data for your management team.
- Program-Level Dashboard Template: Use this template to create regular reports on your data for the leaders of individual departments or programs.
Table of Contents:
- Introduction to performance measurement
- Planning to measure
- Choosing what to measure
- Determining how to measure
- Preparing to use your data
- Putting your performance measurement system into action
Library of Congress Catalog Number: 2009907518
International Standard Book Number (ISBN) paper: 978-0-615-31022-0