Consultant, Racial and Economic Equity
Over the past several years, Root Cause has developed a set of Social Service Quality Domains based on extensive social science research and practitioner experience, which we have used with two cohorts of service providers as part of our Continuous Quality Improvement work in North and South Carolina.
The Quality Domains are:
Accessibility, Family & Community Engagement, Referrals & Partnership Management, Staff Support & Performance, Trauma-Informed Practice, and Use of Evidence, as well as three Performance Measurement areas (Culture, Framework, and Systems).
Root Cause has also created a detailed assessment to measure how social service programs are performing in each of these quality domains. We continue to expand and improve upon this quality framework as we learn through implementation and feedback from our partners. Currently, we are seeking to strengthen the framework by incorporating a greater emphasis on racial and economic equity as a core requirement for high-quality social service programming. We are seeking a consultant with strong experience in racial & economic equity best practices to help us with this project. This consultant will:
- Review all existing quality framework materials to conduct an audit of the racial & economic equity elements as they currently show up in the framework
- Conduct additional research as needed and provide recommendations for improving the social service quality domains and assessment
- Possibly develop additional content to add to the quality domains and assessment, depending on the results of the audit and recommendations
- Range of experiences conducting analyses/assessments of organizations’ racial & economic equity practices
- Demonstrated expertise in racial & economic equity in the context of social service organizations and direct service delivery, including knowledge of best practices for incorporating racial & economic equity into program operations and service delivery
- Experience building the capacity of social service organizations to support the improvement of racial & economic equity practices
- Thorough reviewer and researcher with the ability to distill complex subject matter into language that is concise and easy to understand by a wide range of audiences
- Prior experience developing tools/frameworks a plus
- Detail-oriented and with strong attention to consistency in language and concepts across documents
- Able to set and meet firm deadlines and manage projects effectively to meet goals with minimal oversight
- Able to facilitate feedback processes that effectively generate valuable input and collaboration
$100-$200 / hour. Please let us know your desired rate in your cover letter. We ask consultants to track their hours and submit monthly invoices.
Hours / Start Date:
We are seeking a consultant to start working with Root Cause as soon as possible (around May or June 2021). This is a remote position. We will meet virtually and check in on a weekly basis over video. We estimate this project will take approximately 40 hours, including administrative and check-in meeting time.
How to Apply
Please include your cover letter and resume and upload it onto our website here: Click here to apply
If there is a fit between your experiences and our needs, we will reach out to conduct interviews.